Total Profit Solutions for IT Companies®
Service Leadership Index®
- Product GM% - BIC Profit SPs: Q2-12 27.6% Q3-12 26.8% Q4-12 29.0% Q1-13 23.6%
- Product GM% - Median Profitability SPs: Q2-12 24.0% Q3-12 20.2% Q4-12 21.9% Q1-13 20.8%
- Product GM% - Bottom 1/4 Profitability SPs: Q2-12 12.0% Q3-12 22.3% Q4-12 15.0% Q1-13 6.4%
- Services GM% - BIC Profitability SPs: Q2-12 53.7% Q3-12 57.6% Q4-12 54.9% Q1-13 53.1%
- Services GM% - Median Profitability SPs: Q2-12 47.7% Q3-12 47.5% Q4-12 46.9% Q1-13 44.0%
- Services GM% - Bottom 1/4 Profitability SPs: Q2-12 41.0% Q3-12 37.8% Q4-12 36.8% Q1-13 32.7%
- SG&A% - BIC Profitability SPs: Q2-12 27.2% Q3-12 26.3% Q4-12 27.3% Q1-13 28.5%
- SG&A% - Median Profitability SPs: Q2-12 29.6% Q3-12 28.8% Q4-12 29.8% Q1-13 29.7%
- SG&A% - Bottom 1/4 Profitability SPs: Q2-12 32.0% Q3-12 34.7% Q4-12 37.3% Q1-13 35.7%
- EBITDA% - BIC Profitability SPs: Q2-12 18.4% Q3-12 23.7% Q4-12 21.5% Q1-13 17.2%
- EBITDA% - Median Profitability SPs: Q2-12 8.6% Q3-12 10.3% Q4-12 8.5% Q1-13 6.3%
- EBITDA% - Bottom 1/4 Profitability SPs: Q2-12 −0.3% Q3-12 −2.4% Q4-12 −6.7% Q1-13 −5.2%
Quarterly Solution Provider Performance
About Service Leadership
Our Leadership Mission
To enable the owners of IT services companies to maximize the value of their assets.
Our Leadership Values
- Quality - Our people and work are second to none.
- Integrity - We're only as good as our reputation.
- Performance - We deliver results and enable you to improve yours.
Our Leadership Message
The business of IT services is challenging and enticing. Enticing because it's always changing. Enticing because if you create lasting value for your clients, you can create high value for yourself. Challenging because creating high value requires a wide range of business and technical skills. During your visit, I hope you will learn how Service Leadership has become a powerful tool for shareholders of IT services companies to get the maximum possible value from their assets.
Our team of professionals is uniquely qualified to deliver results on three levels:
- Operating improvements to existing services,
- Go-to-market advances such as new services.
We're not financiers; we're experts in the business of IT solutions and how to create shareholder value.
This year we are facing an unprecedented weakened economy. Many Solution Providers are reporting inconsistent results, and our benchmarking indicates the average profitability is dropping. Yet, there are still top performing Solution Providers earning 18% to 22% pre-tax net income, after adjusting owners' compensation to fair market values. Our specialty is in helping our clients understand how the top performers achieve these results, and in advising them on how to achieve their own transformation.
Whether you choose to optimize your existing operation, or bring out exciting new offerings, or manage risk and enhance return by making a strategic move, we stand ready to serve your best interests.
Paul Dippell, CEO