Total Profit Solutions for IT Companies®
Service Leadership Index®
- Product GM% - BIC Profit SPs: Q2-12 27.6% Q3-12 26.8% Q4-12 29.0% Q1-13 23.6%
- Product GM% - Median Profitability SPs: Q2-12 24.0% Q3-12 20.2% Q4-12 21.9% Q1-13 20.8%
- Product GM% - Bottom 1/4 Profitability SPs: Q2-12 12.0% Q3-12 22.3% Q4-12 15.0% Q1-13 6.4%
- Services GM% - BIC Profitability SPs: Q2-12 53.7% Q3-12 57.6% Q4-12 54.9% Q1-13 53.1%
- Services GM% - Median Profitability SPs: Q2-12 47.7% Q3-12 47.5% Q4-12 46.9% Q1-13 44.0%
- Services GM% - Bottom 1/4 Profitability SPs: Q2-12 41.0% Q3-12 37.8% Q4-12 36.8% Q1-13 32.7%
- SG&A% - BIC Profitability SPs: Q2-12 27.2% Q3-12 26.3% Q4-12 27.3% Q1-13 28.5%
- SG&A% - Median Profitability SPs: Q2-12 29.6% Q3-12 28.8% Q4-12 29.8% Q1-13 29.7%
- SG&A% - Bottom 1/4 Profitability SPs: Q2-12 32.0% Q3-12 34.7% Q4-12 37.3% Q1-13 35.7%
- EBITDA% - BIC Profitability SPs: Q2-12 18.4% Q3-12 23.7% Q4-12 21.5% Q1-13 17.2%
- EBITDA% - Median Profitability SPs: Q2-12 8.6% Q3-12 10.3% Q4-12 8.5% Q1-13 6.3%
- EBITDA% - Bottom 1/4 Profitability SPs: Q2-12 −0.3% Q3-12 −2.4% Q4-12 −6.7% Q1-13 −5.2%
Quarterly Solution Provider Performance
Strategic Assessment and Planning
Suitable when the goal is: “How do we maximize the company’s value creation potential?” We evaluate all major aspects (target client profile, value proposition, go to market, sales and marketing model, organization and delivery structure, measurement and compensation, financial and operating performance) of the business to identify strengths and weaknesses, the extent of which may not now be fully known or appreciated.
We then plan for 3-5 year evolution and growth while immediately fixing obvious areas of need. The team implements the steps of 3-5 year plan, and we advise and monitor. This usually includes three to twelve months of follow-up phone sessions to remove obstacles and support progress.
This method is also suitable for more immediate needs, such as a turn-around or responding to an extraordinary situation such as the win of a large account or integration of a new acquisition.
Upside: Highest likelihood of short term results and of reaching 3-5 year goals. Downside: largest budget in shortest term.