Total Profit Solutions for IT Companies®
Service Leadership Index®
- Product GM% - BIC Profit SPs: Q2-12 27.6% Q3-12 26.8% Q4-12 29.0% Q1-13 23.6%
- Product GM% - Median Profitability SPs: Q2-12 24.0% Q3-12 20.2% Q4-12 21.9% Q1-13 20.8%
- Product GM% - Bottom 1/4 Profitability SPs: Q2-12 12.0% Q3-12 22.3% Q4-12 15.0% Q1-13 6.4%
- Services GM% - BIC Profitability SPs: Q2-12 53.7% Q3-12 57.6% Q4-12 54.9% Q1-13 53.1%
- Services GM% - Median Profitability SPs: Q2-12 47.7% Q3-12 47.5% Q4-12 46.9% Q1-13 44.0%
- Services GM% - Bottom 1/4 Profitability SPs: Q2-12 41.0% Q3-12 37.8% Q4-12 36.8% Q1-13 32.7%
- SG&A% - BIC Profitability SPs: Q2-12 27.2% Q3-12 26.3% Q4-12 27.3% Q1-13 28.5%
- SG&A% - Median Profitability SPs: Q2-12 29.6% Q3-12 28.8% Q4-12 29.8% Q1-13 29.7%
- SG&A% - Bottom 1/4 Profitability SPs: Q2-12 32.0% Q3-12 34.7% Q4-12 37.3% Q1-13 35.7%
- EBITDA% - BIC Profitability SPs: Q2-12 18.4% Q3-12 23.7% Q4-12 21.5% Q1-13 17.2%
- EBITDA% - Median Profitability SPs: Q2-12 8.6% Q3-12 10.3% Q4-12 8.5% Q1-13 6.3%
- EBITDA% - Bottom 1/4 Profitability SPs: Q2-12 −0.3% Q3-12 −2.4% Q4-12 −6.7% Q1-13 −5.2%
Quarterly Solution Provider Performance
Your Predominant Business Model©
Making Benchmarking and Best Practices Count
Thank you for your interest in determining your Predominant Business Model© (PBM). Finding your PBM© is the first step to ensuring apples-to-apples comparisons in benchmarks and to selecting best practices that are right for your business. Otherwise, you are limited to simply comparing your company – which has specific characteristics and needs – to the generic Solution Provider and to best practices targeted only at the generic Solution Provider.
Going one step further, you can also choose to implement the Normalized Solution Provider Chart of Accounts©, the proven method for organizing Solution Provider accounting systems to help you really see what’s going on inside your business.
These are both no-cost licenses, as part of Service Leadership's continuing mission to improve Solution Provider profitability and the applicability of benchmarks and best practices industry-wide.
S-L Predominant Business Model© Flash Finder
The S-L Predominant Business Model© Flash Finder is a groundbreaking tool that will quickly allow you to determine your PBM© and learn to apply it to your business. Using the PBM Flash Finder is your first easy step to enabling accurate, useful, real benchmark comparisons and best practices selection! Give it a test drive!